I read this after seeing a tweet from John Mark McMillan pointing to some other content on the blog. It got me thinking and excited about the idea of having a song circle, and using Reflective Musings to house that stuff. Here’s the idea, off the top of my head:
1) Gather some people I know who write songs.
2) Pick some Scripture passages.
3) Write and record rough demos of songs and post them on here.
4) Refine by kind critique.
5) Use the songs in the life of the local church.
6) Give away the chord sheets for the songs.
I think this could be a fun, challenging and international endeavor. Give me some feedback here!